THE JUDGES BILL
· This bill was introduced by the Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju in Lok Sabha.
· This bill seeks to amend the provisions in the particular acts such as,
1. High court judges (Salaries and Other Conditions of Service) Act
2. Supreme court judges (Salaries and Other Conditions of Service) Act.
· This bill was introduced to bring clarity about the issue of https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/topic/Salary-Billadditional pensions for retired supreme court and high court judges.
· According to present law, every retired SC and HC judges or their family were entitled to get an additional sum of pension amount.
· So, this is generally called as Family Pension.
THE ISSUE BEHIND THIS
·The additional amount of pension provided to the both SC and HC judges on completing 80 years or 85 years or 90 years or 95 years or 100 years.
· The above segregation is the slabs of the pension.
· Now the issue is about whether the pension is given to the person on the first day of the month when he completes the age or the first day of the month when he enters into a new age.
· So this Bill has detailed provisions about this issue.
SOLUTION THAT THE BILL CARRIES
· The bill clearly tells the pension will be provided on the first day of the month of completing the age and it will be not provided in the starting.
· The new sections 17B and 16B were included.
Read our daily current affairs in TAMIL & ENGLISH for your preparation to become successful in the upcoming Government Examinations
Buy Online Live Classes, Book Free Demo Class Now,