FARM LAWS REPEAL BILL
· The Indian parliament passed the farm law repeal bill on November 29, 2021 (The first day of Winter session).
· These three farm laws were repealed by both Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha in a very short time period in recent years.
· These laws were opposed by the farmers of Punjab and Haryana mainly and also by other state’s farmers.
· The Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar tabled this bill in the winter session.
FARM LAWS REPEAL BILL 2021
· This farm law repeals the three Acts namely,
1. Essential Commodities Amendment Act of 2020
2. Farmer’s Produce Trade and Commerce ( Promotion and Facilitation ) Act of 2020
3. Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Service Act of 2020
· This law was Announced on November 19, by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi following the one year long protest of the farmers.
DETAILS OF THE BILL
· There were three sections in the bill. The Title of the bill, The Farm Laws Repeal Act 2021 is in the first section
· The provisions to repeal the three laws is in the second section
· The cancelling of sub section 1A from section 3 of Essential Commodities Act 1955.
Buy Online Live Classes, Book Free Demo Class Now,